Warranty & Return Policy
PCByte is an online retailer that carries a wide range of IT brands from around the world. With our portfolio of vendors, we do our best to provide you the best service relating to claim of manufacturer warranties.
With interest to your consumer rights in Australia, Tech Century Pty Ltd formulates PCByte’s product warranty policy which allows for easy return, replacement, or repair of products bought from PCByte.com.au. Notwithstanding, PCByte do not represent brand vendors in providing unauthorised warranty services.
As stated in our Terms & Conditions, there are two existing warranties on PCByte.com.au:
1. Non-PCByte Product
- any products sold on PCByte, except PCByte Custom System Products.
- PCByte is not the manufacturer or producer of any Non-PCByte Product, and the only warranties offered in respect of a Non-PCByte Product are those of the manufacturer, not PCByte.
2. PCByte Custom System Product
- custom system that is assembled by PCByte under our custom system assembly service
- PCByte provides a 2 years return-to-base warranty on labour for all PCByte Custom System Products (PCByte Custom System Warranty). The PCByte Custom System Warranty commences from the date of delivery of the PCByte Custom System Product to you.
To claim for an RMA, kindly read our Terms and Conditions to understand the warranty claim that your item is entitled to, and the parties who will service your item.
How do I Return a product I bought from PCByte?
In order to obtain a refund, exchange or to repair a product purchased from PCByte, including those products which carry a manufacturer's warranty, you must have clear proof of purchase; typically, a receipt or invoice from PCByte.
Before requesting for an exchange, return, or refund, ensure that you have already conducted due diligence in fulfilling the following requirements:
1. You have referred to our FAQ for answers on product troubleshooting, or, contacted our friendly Support Team at email@example.com to resolve your issue personally.
2. Ensure the date of purchase is within 14 days of invoice.
3. Ensure the return is due to a manufacturing fault and not a fault of misuse or delivery mishap.
4. The complete packaging that comes with the item is still intact / unweathered.
5. You have read and agreed to our Change of Mind Policy.
Returning an Item to PCByte
If necessary to return your item to PCByte for exchange, return, or refund, kindly refer to the following measures to ensure an easy and hassle-free return experience:
1. Ensure that the original packaging of the item is intact / unweathered
2. Kindly package your item appropriately for post transit to make sure the item reaches PCByte warehouse in mint condition.
3. If your item is diagnosed as faulty / eligible for returns liable by PCByte, PCByte will cover the shipping post via a shipping slip provided via email. Kindly print the shipping slip / label and attach it to your item before drop off at the selected post office (as confirmed in correspondence with our Support Team via email).
*Kindly note that a replacement/refund will only be processed when we have received and inspect faulty item(s) for faults. If the item(s) returned is not faulty, we will be sending the products back in which you will bear the shipping cost.
*We are aware that crypto miners are using PC components for crypto mining purposes. Please note that mining on GPU/ HDD will void the product warranties.
Lodge a Claim with PCByte Support Team
How it works:
1. Contact our Support team through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ RMA Claim”. To help speed up the process, kindly attach your proof of invoice and photos, short video, or any proof of fault or damage with your product that would be helpful for our Team to effectively assess your issue.
2. Our Support team will review your claim, and correspond with you to provide relevant troubleshooting. Most cases are resolved quickly through correspondence and do not need to proceed with return or refund.
Change of Mind Policy
PCByte reserves the right to decline a refund if you have simply changed your mind about an order, so please choose carefully when making a purchase.
If you wish to return a product that you have purchased from PCByte and it has been approved by the PCByte team for a change of mind return, there will be a restocking fee amounting to 20% of the item value for items that have been opened or used.
There will be no restocking fee charged on items that are Unused & Unopened, packaging in good condition (product not faulty) within 14 days from the date of invoice (PCByte invoice).
Please refer to the ACCC guidelines for Change of Mind here:
Exceptions to guarantees
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product
- asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted
For health and hygiene reasons, earphones and headphones can only be returned due to Change of Mind if the returned item is completely sealed. Thus if you have a change of mind about your purchase, earphones and headphones must be completely unopened and unused to receive a refund.
For more information, kindly refer to PCByte Terms & Conditions.
Which Party Covers the Return Shipping Cost?
Shipping cost for returns or refund is borne by the customer. Shipping cost for exchange of items due to manufacturing error is borne by PCByte. Kindly contact our helpful Customer Service at email@example.com if you wish for further clarification on the matter.
I found an issue with no answer
We are always ready to help! Kindly drop your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you shortly.